12 of 14
Training in: Design, carry out and analyzing experiments to find the optimum MOCVD growth conditions for future MOCVD technology up-scale. Use of simulation for advanced reactor design.
For all new applications, the market supply passes through the optimization of current industrial fabrication techniques. Use of advanced epitaxial growth methods, such as a metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) allows to obtain low background carrier concentrations, high material quality and all kind of III-Sb heterostructures on large wafer with good uniformity. However, several fundamental questions remain open which need to be explored.
AIXTRON will develop a MOCVD technology of optimum performance. The MOCVD growth experiments will be supported by simulation of temperature, gas flow and chemical models. The deployment of the optimized growth conditions in an industrial wafer production environment will be tested in collaboration with IQE and UCARDIFF.
The researcher will design, carry out and analyze (e.g. by simulation) experiments to find the optimum MOCVD growth conditions for future MOCVD technology up-scale. Expected Results: 1) Clarification to improve material quality 2) Clarification and concepts to achieve sufficient homogeneity and yield during growth. 3) Specification of precursor and growth sequence for special compounds. 4) Optimization of interfaces. 5) Optimization and control of doping and conductivity.
- A CFD Department with capability for thermal, fluid and growth simulations for the optimization of MOCVD reactor designs.
- A Mechanical, electrical and gas distribution design departments for the design of optimized and advanced MOCVD reactor components.
- A MOCVD Application Laboratory with >10 MOCVD systems for Nitride, As-P-Sb compound semiconductor materials and 2D nanomaterials such as GR and TMDC.
- State of the art characterization equipment.
How to Apply
- An internal application form listing your academic and job records (.docx template available here).
- A free format CV (pdf format max 2 Mb)
- Official documentation such as degree and grades certificates will be required at a later stage.