14 Marie-Curie PhD Positions Available
14 PhD positions are available for highly motivated Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) as part of the new H2020, EU-funded, Marie Skłodowska-Curie Joint Training and Research Programme “QUANTIMONY: Quantum Semiconductor Technologies exploiting Antimony”.
The QUANTIMONY consortium is a European Innovative Training Network (ITN) with a core focus on the field of semiconductor science and technology, covering all scientific and engineering aspects from modelling through to material growth and characterization, device fabrication and analysis, and industrial exploitation.
We are looking for 14 young talented ESRs to work towards their PhD in one of these countries: Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain and UK starting on April/June 2021.
• Comprehensive, interactive and international research training on semiconductor materials and devices covering fabrication, characterization, theoretical aspects and their application towards scalable and industrially relevant technologies.
• Secondments and travel opportunities, as well as research-specific, complementary and transferrable skills courses and workshops, delivered by academic and industry experts, which are tailor-made to prepare young researchers for their future careers.
• Three or four year contracts with a highly competitive salary adapted to the life cost in each host country.
• Family allowances (where applicable) as part of the employment package*.
• Applicants can be of any nationality.
• At the date of recruitment, applicants should hold a Physics, Chemistry or Engineering Degree. A separate Master in a scientific field or, an integrated Master (MPhys, MSci, MEng, MChem etc.) is highly recommendable and mandatory in some countries.
• At the date of recruitment, applicants must be within four years of the first diploma/degree granting them access to doctorate studies in their country or the country of the recruiting institution (ESR eligibility).*
• In the last 36 months prior to the signing of their contract, the applicant must not have resided/studied/worked for more than 12 months in the country of the recruiting institution (Mobility criterion).**
• Applicants should be proficient in written and spoken English.
• Applicants have not been awarded yet a doctoral degree.
Applicants will be firstly evaluated based on reported academic performance and background, scientific relevance and aptitude to research, and additional data (such as scientific publications, if any). The candidates that pass the initial assessment will be required to send additional documentation and invited for an interview with the recruitment panel via internet videoconference. Candidates that are successful in initial interviews will be invited for a final interview with their PhD supervisor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The QUANTIMONY consortium adheres to the European code of conduct for recruitment of researchers and offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment*. We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Candidates can apply to a maximum of four different ESR positions in the network using the links below. Applications must include the following documents:
1. An internal application form listing your academic and job records (.docx template available here)
2. A free format CV (pdf format max 2 Mb) and official documentation such as degree and grades certificates will be required at a later stage
The deadline for application is 31st January 2021.
Attempts to apply to more than four positions using different registration profiles will invalidate your candidature.